- Oct 20th 2017— Eastern Kentucky PRIDE announced today that it will award $2,750 for hands-on environmental education projects at the Monticello/Wayne County Head Start Center during the 2017/18 school year. Lake Cumberland Community Action Head Start will use the grant to build an outdoor classroom at the Monticello/Wayne County Head Start Center. The project will provide an outdoor space for preschool age children and their families to learn about and become familiar with the environment. The children will have the opportunity for
- Oct 20th 2017According to Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron, after receiving a burglary complaint and conducting an investigation by Deputy Brent Rose hasled to the arrest of two Wayne Countians on burglary and theft charges. The complaint alleged that over $20,000.00 in cash and property were taken from a residence on Highway 200 on September 26, 2017.Deputy Rose’s investigation lead him to obtain a search warrant for a residence and the arrest warrants. Numerous items were taken from the residence as evidence.
- Oct 19th 2017The Wayne County High School Softball program is hosting a fundraising haunted house this Friday & Saturday 8-11pm. The "holler of death" is open to all ages for $5.00. To get there travel on West Hwy. 92, just past the Parnell Baptist Church, turn left onto the Earl Smith rd. The house will also be opned Next Saturday (28th) from 8-11pm.
- Oct 19th 2017Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron reports the following arrest. Dustin Burchett of Monticello, Ky. was arrested on a Kentucky Parole Board Mandatory Reentry Supervision Violation Warrant of Arrest for absconding parole supervision, associating with a convicted felon, leaving area of supervision without permission of Parole Officer, failure to report change in employment to Parole Officer, failure to report to Parole Officer and leaving the state without permission of Parole Officer. Burchett was arrested on a Wayne County Circuit Court
- Oct 18th 2017State Represenitive Ken Upchurch will be talking in depth about the proposed plan to help Kentucky's pension crisis. The represenitive will be interviewed beginning at 6pm this coming Tuesday evening here on Z93 Country. If you or a family member is affected by this issue then you'll want to be sure and tune into the broadcast & receive more information on the Governor's proposal. In a ten-step plan, Bevin announced Wednesday what the bill would and would not do. According