- Dec 8th 2017With more than 22,000 tons of salt on hand, combined with more than 80 snow plows, salt spreaders and other equipment the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 8 crews are ready for winter weather duty. Maintenance crews in KYTC District 8 have a responsibility for clearing over 2,000 miles of state-maintained highways in the counties of Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Lincoln, McCreary, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell and Wayne. That equates to 5,192 “lane miles” – all driving lanes from rural state roads
- Dec 8th 2017The Wayne County Sheriff's Office has received a complaint from a local citizen of a possible scam. The Grandparents Scam is where the caller will pretend to be a grandson or granddaughter to the person they are calling. They will tell the grandparent that they are in jail and need bail money sent. Please do not give out personal information or buy money cards to pay bail. Once you give out information on the money card the money is gone
- Dec 8th 2017Quarterback Lorenzo Linsey, Running Back German Ruiz, & Tight End Stetson Simpson will compete along with 39 other high school stand outs across Kentucky This Sunday (Dec 10). The Annual Best of the Bluegrass All-Star Game will be played at the Elizabethtown high school at 2pm Sunday.
- Dec 7th 2017Pulaski County Sheriff Greg Speck warns the residents of Pulaski County of a Scam that has affected some members of our community.Individuals, identifying themselves as officials of Publishers Clearing House, are calling victims and advising them that they are the winner of large sums of cash and/or automobiles. The victim is then instructed to send a money order or gift card to cover the taxes and expenses associated with transferring the gift they have won.Sheriff Speck advises the public "do
- Dec 7th 2017Wayne County Cardinal archers will be in action this Saturday (Dec. 9) as they host their first state qualifying archery tournament for the NASP. The tournament will feature around 280 individuals will begin at 8am & continue til 6pm with awards to follow, at the Wayne County Middle School gym. Everyone is invited to come out & show support for the local archers.